(Victoria, BC – October 12, 2015) Yesterday was a race full of drama for the elite athletes, but for the majority of the 9,000 plus participants it was a glorious day to set personal goals in the 36th Annual GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon. The 2014 marathon winner Daniel Kipkoech successfully defended his title, albeit in unexpected circumstances, while first-time marathoner Erin Burrett from Nanaimo, BC sprinted to a spectacular finish. The Marathon had 1,484 registrants, the Half Marathon: 3,808, the 8K Road Race: 2,688 and the Thrifty Foods Kids Run: 1,087, for a total of 9,067. [MORE]
Photo: Half Marathon Start (Chris Kelsall).
2015 Race Results are posted on our results page!
- Finisher certificates and MarathonFoto portraits will be available from within our results near the end of the week after we receive results corrections.
2015 Race Portraits by MarathonFoto
MEDIA RELEASE (Victoria, BC – October 9, 2015) – GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon Announces Elite Athlete Field Legacy Funding Partnership with GoodLife Fitness and the City of Victoria. Three former winners of the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon will be back to challenge for the 2015 marathon crown, it was announced today at the pre-race media conference. The 2014, 2013 and 2012 champions, Daniel Kipkoech, Lamech Mokono, and Thomas Omwenga lead an impressive elite field on Sunday in the 36th annual event. Lioudmila Kortchaguina, the 2014 women’s marathon winner is also returning as is the 2013 and 2010 champion, Victoria’s Catrin Jones. As of noon Wednesday, when online registration closed, there were 8,619 in the four events – the Marathon, Half Marathon, 8K Road Race and the Thrifty Foods Kids Run.
Want to look up your Race Number before arriving at Race Package Pickup? LOOK LIVE HERE!
- Online Registration is now CLOSED. We have received 8619 registrations so far! You can still REGISTER or make changes at Race Package Pickup!
- READ: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR REGISTRATION AND RACE PACKAGE PICKUP INFORMATION
- GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon is near! And MarathonFoto will be there to capture your images. Smile for the camera and don’t forget to check out your personal photo gallery. Visit: http://bit.ly/1KZ1XFF after the event!
- Here’s our Pre-Race Newsletter!
- LIVESTREAMING of the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon!
This is where you you’ll be able to relive the moment you crossed the finish line with all your friends and family. Or, they can tune in here from anywhere in the world and watch LIVE. Tell all your friends and family, wherever they are, to watch you cross the finish line and celebrate all your hard work with you. Video of the racers crossing the finish line will stay on this site until the end of November!
- ONLINE REGISTRATION – Ends at NOON tomorrow (PST)!
- REGISTRATION CHANGES – Changes (switching races, adding to teams, etc.) can now take place at Race Package Pickup on Race Weekend. Switching races, collect your original race number and shirt and return to Late Registration to switch to your desired race. [MORE INFO]
- MEDIA ADVISORY – The 36th Annual GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon invites you to a pre-race Media Conference to hear about Victoria’s largest annual destination sporting event. Friday, October 9, 10:00 am at Frontrunners Footwear, 1200 Vancouver Street (Corner of View and Vancouver).
Race Week Is Here!
- Road Closures Media Advisory (Oct 5, 2015)
- Volunteers Needed: We are still looking for volunteers to help on Race Weekend. We can’t say enough how much we value and love our volunteers. Course Marshals is our largest area of need and we need about 30 more to make that crew complete. Please Apply Online.
- Our Volunteer Training Night at Oak Bay High School is tonight. Contact us for more information.
- Check out our 2015 Virtual Race Bag for some great info, deals and discounts!
With all the work now done, it’s time to reap the rewards. Run your best race by following these 10 Tips for Race Day success. Check out Bruce Deacon’s October Training Newsletter!
MEDIA RELEASE – GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon Volunteers Needed
(Victoria, BC – September 24, 2015) With just two weeks until the 36th Annual GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon, the event is still in need of volunteers to fill a variety of areas. The Marathon – on Sunday, October 11 – requires 200+ additional Race Day volunteers, as well as individuals at the Race Expo and for assisting with course set-up. Sixteen hundred (1,600) volunteers are needed annually to ensure the event runs smoothly and efficiently…[MORE]