8K Road Race
Register for the 8K Road Race - Start: 7:15 a.m.
- Event cap - 3500.
- Questions? Contact us at 250-658-4520 or email@example.com.
BABY JOGGERS, BICYCLES AND OTHER ITEMS
Baby joggers are not permitted in the 8K Road Race for insurance and safety reasons. If an accident were to occur between a runner and a baby jogger, neither party would be covered by our event liability insurance. The GoodLife Fitness Victoria 8K Road Race is a foot race. For safety and liability reasons all events are limited to registered runners only. Bicycles, hand cycles, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, skates, pacing and running with dogs are strictly prohibited on the course. Non-compliance with these safety rules will result in disqualification.
Register for the 8K Road Race - Wheelchair Start - 7:10 a.m.
- Starts on Belleville Street between Menzies and Oswego, a block away from the finish line.
Athletes with racing wheelchairs are permitted in the 8K Road Race. The wheelchair start is at 7:10 a.m. Hand-cycles are absolutely prohibited. Indicate you are a wheelchair athlete when you register.
VISUALLY IMPAIRED ATHLETES - May start with the wheelchairs at 7:10 a.m.
General Description of Sight Classification
From BC Blind Sports - http://www.bcblindsports.bc.ca/graphic/sports/index.htm
- B1 No light perception in neither eye up to light perception but inability to recognize the shape of a hand at any distance or in any direction.
- B2 From ability to recognize the shape of a hand up to visual acuity of 2/60 and/or visual field of less than 5 degrees.
- B3 From visual acuity above 2/60 up to visual acuity of 6/60 and/or a visual field of more than 5 degrees and less than 20 degrees.
- Pin your race number to the front of your shirt. Athletes should display "Visually Impaired" on the back of their race shirt. These bibs are available at the Solutions Desk at the Race Expo. "Guide" bibs (for the back of the shirt) are available to the participant that is accompanying the Visually Impaired athlete.
- Stay to the right of the course and allow faster participants to pass on the left.
Participants will receive a short-sleeved New Balance technical garment if registered prior to October 10. Men's and women's sizing is available. *Shirt not guaranteed to those registering on Race Weekend.
HEATHERED SHORT SLEEVE
Colour: Vision Blue
HEATHERED SHORT SLEEVE
The GoodLife Fitness Victoria 8K Road Race is an AIMS and Run Canada-certified 8 km course. The course certification number is BC-2011-095-BDC. Sanctioned by BC Athletics.
The GoodLife Fitness Victoria 8K Road Race is an out-and-back along the waterfront on Dallas Road, to a turnaround near Cook Street beside Beacon Hill Park. There is NO COURSE CHANGE IN 2013. Walkers are welcome as long as completion time is less than 6 hours. Baby joggers are not permitted in the 8K Road Race for insurance and safety reasons.The course includes:
- All kilometres marked along the route, one-mile marker and one-mile-to-go marker.
- Bands and cheering stations at various locations along the route.
- Porta-potties at every aid station.
- Medical services on the route and at the finish line.
- Scenic features along the route: BC Legislative Buildings, Ogden Point, Olympic Mountain Range, statue of Terry Fox at Mile �O�, Beacon Hill Park.
The 8K Road Race starts on Belleville St. between Menzies and Oswego (between the Hotel Grand Pacific and Days Inn); a block west of the finish line. It turns left on Pendray, right on Quebec, left on Montreal, right on Kingston, left on St. Lawrence, right on Erie, and past the breakwater. The route turns around 180-degrees on Dallas Road, just before Cook Street. Continue on Dallas Road past the breakwater, right on Erie, left on St. Lawrence, right on Kingston, left on Montreal, right on Quebec, left on Pendray and right onto Belleville to the finish in front of the Legislature.
- Old Victoria Water, electrolyte beverage stations, and porta-potties will be located along the course approximately every 3km.
- An athlete who collects refreshment from a place other than the aid stations (i.e. from spectators) renders himself liable to disqualification.
AWARDS PRESENTATIONS / INFO
All finishers in the 8K Road Race will receive a finisher's medal in the finishing chute.
8K Road Race finisher certificates will be available in PDF format from the race results page on the website.
The top 5 male and female places in each 5-year age category in the 8K Road Race receive awards. In addition, awards are given to the overall male and female, top male and female masters (40+), top wheelchair winners and top visually impaired athletes. For participants aged under 19, awards for the 8K Road Race will be given as Under-12, 13-15, and 16-19. Awards will be presented at the Victoria Conference Centre, the site of the Victoria Marathon Race Expo, on Race Day at 10:00 a.m.
8K TEAMS / AWARDS
- 8K Road Race - Open, Masters (40+), Married, Juniors (19 and Under) and Parent/Child (15 and under).
- All runners on Masters teams must be at least 40 years of age. Master runners may join an Open team. Runners on Junior teams must all be 19 years old or younger. Runners on a Parent/Child team must have one adult and one child age 15 or under.
- Please note: Only one team can be selected.
- The finish times of the top four finishers on each team count towards a cumulative score (except the Married and Parent/Child category � two to a team). The top 3 teams in each category receive an award.
|12 & Under||50-54|
|DAIRYLAND ELITE ATHLETE PROGRAM|
Athletes who have run under certain time standards may be eligible for complimentary entry to the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon. Complimentary entry qualifying standards are as follows:
|Elite A||Elite B||Masters (40+)|
|Elite A||Elite B||Masters (40+)|
Download Information Package (PDF)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any Elite Athlete questions.
|Gary Barber, Victoria, BC||23:23 (1989)|
|Ulla Marquette, Victoria, BC||26:24 (1991)|
|MASTERS COURSE RECORDS|