GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon
Sunday, October 12, 2014 - Celebrating 35 Years!
BC Marathon Championships
Certified Boston Marathon Qualifier
MARATHON NEWS & MEDIA RELEASES
March 17, 2014
Check out our March Update!
- 2014 Shirt Artwork Revealed! Local first-nations artist, Tom Spetter has designed the 2014 artwork. The Great Blue Heron symbolizes self-determination and self-reliance. For runners, the Heron represents an ability to progress and accomplish goals in training and racing. Be strong and brave along the way – you can do it!
- Check out our March Update!
March 12, 2014
Event Caps Announced! Register early to save your spot!
- Marathon – 2100
- Half Marathon – 5600
- 8K Road Race – 3500
- Thrifty Foods Kids Run – 1300
- Marathon and Half Marathon Training Programs Now Available!
- Event Caps Announced! Register early to save your spot!
February 21, 2014
- Great News! We have been selected again for the BC Marathon Championships in 2014!
Dec 20, 2013
- Happy Holidays from the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon! The office will be closed Dec 21 and will re-open on Jan 7, 2014. Wishing you all the best this holiday season and into 2014!
- 2014 Charity Pledge Program. We're now taking applications for the 2014 Charity Pledge Program. If you would like to participate, APPLY TODAY!
- Dec 5, 2013
- Nov 29, 2013
Nov 1, 2013
- We hope to open Online Registration for 2014 at the end of November 2013. Stay tuned!
- Check out Bruce Deacon's November 2013 Training Newsletter! Now that the race has come and gone, it's time to debrief and plan for your next goal. With the days getting shorter, the risks of running at night become a greater concern. Run smart with these night time tips.
Oct 24, 2013
- GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon Summary [WATCH VIDEO] via Athletics Illustrated
- GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon – Post Race Interviews [WATCH VIDEO] via Athletics Illustrated.
- Victoria, Oak Bay Treated Marathon Visitors Royally via Times Colonist.
Oct 15, 2013
- MEDIA RELEASE – Lamech Mokono Sets New Course Record at the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon (Victoria, BC – October 13, 2013). A new course record was set today at the 34th Annual GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon by Kenyan, Lamech Mokono. Run under brilliant, sunny skies, Victoria's Catrin Jones also set a personal best in the women's race. Ten age-group records were also set. In the four events, 11,768 registered, making it the third largest event in its 34-year history. The Marathon had 2,008 registrants, the Half Marathon: 5,471, the 8K Road Race: 2,909 and there were 1,300 in the Thrifty Foods Kids Run, which sold out for the second year in a row.
- Finisher Certificates will be loaded tomorrow on the Results Page. Click on your name in the results to generate the certificate.
- Awards – We will have access to the post-race awards trophies, medals and ribbons this week. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking to collect yours.
- Finish Area Camera 2013 GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon [WATCH VIDEO] via Athletics Illustrated
- Lamech Mosoti Interview – 2013 GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon [WATCH VIDEO] via Athletics Illustrated
- Catrin Jones Interview 2013 GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon [WATCH VIDEO] via Athletics Illustrated
- Oct 14, 2013
Oct 13, 2013
- Race Day Live Streaming Coverage (7:30am – 2:00pm) – Now your friends and family from around the world can log in to www.cheknews.ca and share in your Marathon finish. Your friends and family will be able to watch the finish line live. After the race is wrapped up the stream will remain on the site for a month after the event so you can go back and re-live your achievement. Thanks CHEK NEWS!
- Looking for Results?
CHEK NEWS VIDEO COVERAGE
- "Game On" – October 13, 2013 [WATCH VIDEO] via CHEK NEWS
- Victoria Marathon Recap – October 13, 2013 [WATCH VIDEO] via CHEK NEWS
- Marathon Proposal – October 13, 2013 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Victoria Marathon Package Pickup – October 12, 2013 [WATCH VIDEO] via CHEK NEWS
- Dick Beardsley in Victoria – October 10, 2013 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Running for MS – [WATCH VIDEO] – October 7, 2013
- Men's Winner Lamech Mokono Sets Victoria Marathon Record; Catrin Jones Tops Women by Cleve Dheensaw / Times Colonist.
- Marathon Participants, Old and Young, Have 11,768 Stories To Tell by Sandra McCulloch / Times Colonist
- Victoria Marathon Runners Chasing More Than Good Times by Amy Smart / Times Colonist.