runVictoria Online Training Group
We started an online training group in 2018 using Facebook. The runVictoria Online Training Group is the virtual training community for those running this fall’s GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon, Half Marathon or 8K. We have training plans, tips and advice through this community of over 1900+ runners.
It is currently open to anyone in our running community, hosted by Bruce Deacon, our online coach for the last 10 years.
Bruce is a two-time Olympic marathoner and winner of a silver medal at the 2003 Pan Am Games. With a personal best of 2:13:18, he has represented Canada at 4 World Championships, with a best finish of 11th place. When he last ran the Victoria Marathon, he had a run-away win in 2004 in a time of 2:21.
Bruce currently coaches adults and teens in the Victoria area. He still races and does well at the master’s ranks (40+).
You can join the FB Group by CLICKING HERE.
Training for the 8K Turkey Trot
7 Tips to Get You from the Couch to the 8K in October!
- Go Slow. This is hard to remember at the beginning.
- Remember to alter your days between easy and moderate.
- Help stay injury free by making sure you have well-fitting, not worn out shoes. Our sponsors Frontrunners & New Balance Victoria offer shoe fitting advice so visit one of their locations.
- Try to run on soft surfaces to keep the body feeling good.
- Don’t forget to develop your overall body strength too. It isn’t all about cardio. Check out the link below for our training page with tips from GoodLife Fitness.
- Follow a plan. See below for links to our 8K Training Plans.
- Once you sign up for the 8K Turkey Trot you can join our Facebook Online Training Group where coach Bruce Deacon will answer all your questions!