This world-renowned marathon is a beautiful, seaside course with lots of mild undulations, but with a maximum elevation change of only 74 feet. An amazing race whether this is your first marathon or you are a seasoned marathoner. All participants receive a long sleeve New Balance technical shirt, finisher’s medal and certificate.
Marathon Early Start
If you are going to take over 5:30 min to complete the Marathon, then you need to start with our Early Marathon start group. The course closes at 2:00 pm so we want to make sure you get there on time!
- If you do not have the correct colour race number, you will not be allowed to start early.
- Runners with a pace faster than 7:28/km (12:01/mile), finishing the Marathon faster than 5:30, or crossing the finish line before 11:45 a.m. will be disqualified and their names will be removed from the official results. This is a safety issue – the far reaches of the course have no marshals until after 8:00 a.m.
- The early start begins at 6:30 am. (location: Menzies & Kingston)
- Until 7:30 a.m., participants must be on the sidewalk, obey local traffic laws and be self- sufficient as volunteer support will be limited.
- You will be escorted for the first 60-90 minutes of the Marathon by cyclists. Some of the cyclists will be stationed at critical turning points and others will cycle along with you.
- You will need your own water for the first hour.
- There will be no traffic control for the first hour, so be very careful at intersections.
The Half Marathon follows a good portion of the Marathon route and you will enjoy beautiful Victoria landmarks throughout. All participants receive a long sleeve New Balance technical shirt, finisher’s medal and certificate.
8K Road Race
The 8K Road Race is a fast paced beautiful scenic route through downtown, Beacon Hill and finishing along the ocean front. The 8K is a great distance for every participant. All participants receive a short sleeve New Balance technical shirt, a finisher’s medal and certificate!
Thrifty Foods Kids Run
The Thrifty Foods Kids Run is a 1.25 km out and back starting at 10:30am. And we have a new route this year! We start on Government St, go right on Superior, right on Menzies, turnaround at Belleville and return the same way. Keep to the right!
Finish line will be in the same place as the start line. After they finish, kids will be directed to move north on Government, into the “Finish Zone” for medals and snacks. Note that finish zone will not be fenced in – parents / guardians should make arrangements to run with their kids or meet them within the Finish Zone right after the race.
The run is open to all kids 12 years and under. Parents can run alongside their child in the kids run and are not required to register. After the run, stick around for music, snacks and special guests.
BC Athletics Marathon Championship
We will post more information about the BC Super Series once it is available.